This year’s Pohela Boisakh is Sunday, that means all of us will have a gala time this year! Pohela Boisakh calls for a sumptuous lunch with all our favourite Bengali dishes. To make it easy for you all and decide your menu, I have come up with a lipsmaking Chicken dish. Prepare it for lunch and make your Pohela Boisakh a grand one!
This amazing Chicken recipe will surely give your taste buds a burst of flavours. It’s not oversized and is light on tummy! Have an amazing Poila Boisakh. Let’s get back to our recipe straightaway!
What all do you need –
Chicken – 1 Kg
Chopped onion – 250 gm
Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Ginger paste – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Curd – 100 gm
Chopped tomato(big) – 2
Dried melon seeds paste (Char Magaz) – 2tsp
Poppy Seeds paste (Posto) – 3tsp
Red Chilly – 2 whole
Red Chilly powder – 2tsp
Mace powder – 1 small pinch
Nutmeg powder – 1 small pinch
Bay leaves – 2
Salt and Sugar – As per taste
Ghee – 1tsp
Mustard oil – 6-7 TSP
Water – 500ml
1. Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan and lightly fry the pre washed chicken. Take it out of the pan when it turns slightly golden.
2. In a fresh pan, add 4 tsp oil and 1tsp oil. Add 2 whole red chillies and 2 bay leaves. Add the chopped onion and 2 tsp of sugar, let it turn golden. As it turns golden, add the ginger and garlic paste. Fry the masala till it is cooked.
3. Add 2 chopped tomatoes and let it mix well will all the other masalas. Cover the pan and let the tomatoes be cooked for 2-3 minutes.
4. At this stage, whisk the curd till no lumps remain, add it in the pan. Add the paste of poppy seeds, melon seeds and red chilly powder.
5. As all the spices are almost cooked, add the Chicken. Mix it with all the cooked spices and season it with salt as per your taste. Add water(500ml) for the gravy. Add less water if you want less gravy.
6. Cover the pan and let it simmer for at least 10-15 mins.
7. Just before removing it from heat, add 1 pinch each of nutmeg and mace for that extra flavour.
Your dish is ready to be served. You may add some garnish it with some fresh cream or serve it as it is. Whatever garnishing you do, it will not disappoint you and your family with the taste.
Wishing you all Subho Noboborsho 1425 in advance. Let this year be full of good food and great moments. Give a kickstart to your Noboborsho with some mouthwatering dishes and let your year be as great as your food.
Keep following our page and do send in your suggestions and views in the comments section. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and watch out for some good content coming your way!
Subho Noboborsho 1425(Bengali New Year)
With warm hugs and wishes –
Our glam Soul
– Debolina Ghosh